GetThrough & Thrive: The Blueprint for Greater Happiness and Wellbeing
Time: 4x Weekly 90-minute Sessions (21 Days)—Live & Online Courses Available
In this workshop, DoctorZed addresses the science of happiness—how to overcome stress and rejuvenate your happiness and wellbeing.
Have you ever felt overwhelmed and over-stressed?
Is continual stress stopping you from doing what you want to do?
Do you feel unable to cope with stressful situations?
Don’t worry, everybody has moments of high stress and overwhelm! This course is designed to help you understand why you experience stress, what you can do to break the cycle of chronic stress, and how to develop habits to de-stress and prosper.
When you can control stress, you can learn to feel less overwhelmed and more empowered and confident with what you are doing.
What Others Are Saying About the GetThrough Solution
“I would like to encourage anybody that would like to get [this course] for their business… we’ve had such a great benefit with our staff.” James Troup, General Manager, Kodo Technologies
The following topics will be covered:
- why people feel stress and how to overcome it
- different types of stress and how to identify them
- a formula to break the cycle of stress and increase happiness
- the Life Leadership approach to long-term minimisation and prevention of stress
On completing this course you will be able to:
- diagnose and understand the causes of stress
- deal with high-pressure situations and be productive
- get beyond the fog of overwhelm and think with clarity in moments of high stress
- PLUS develop a long-term strategy to prevent high stress before it occurs
Course Curriculum – 4 Days
Download Stress Management Course Curriculum
Day 1: The Stressful Brain
Your brain is wired for survival—not for stress.
So the people who deal with stress best are the people who have trained their brain to deal with stress.
Most people, however, have not been trained in stress management.
In this introductory session, you will self-analyse the main causes of stress—and how to overcome it.
At the end of the session, you will have developed the tools to deal with stress in any situation.
Concepts covered in Session One:
- The science of stress and its causes
- The Demand-Control model of stress
- The ABCD formula for de-stressing
- Short-term Vs long-term stress management
Day 2: Facing Your Fears
The main emotional symptoms of stress are worry, anxiety, and fear—and the most common stressful fear is the fear of loss.
Yet we are only born with 3 fears. Which means our fear of loss is learned.
In this third session, you will analyse the main fears that perpetuate the cycle of stress and .
You will learn the basic premise of ‘unlearning’ your fears, and how you can use the 4-step formula of ‘FACE Your Fear’ to minimise stress at home and in the workplace.
Concepts covered in this session:
- Re-evaluating the Fear of Loss
- The Principle of Unchanging Change
- The 3 Natural Fears
- How to FACE your Fear and Overcome It
Day 3: The Wheel of Change
The focus of your thoughts determines your experience. Therefore, if you are experiencing stress, you need to refine how you think.
In this final session, you will discover and analyse the core values you hold—and why these values either cause stress or boost wellbeing.
You will learn the basic premise of ‘refining your values’, and how you can use The Value Circle to reduce short-term and long-term stress.
Concepts covered in this final session:
- Refining your Core Values
- The RETAINED Model
- The Wheel of Change
- The Value Pack
Day 4: The Banana Trap
When it comes to our wellbeing, we can sometimes be our own worst enemy.
We are often the cause of our own stress— we hang onto things we should let go, and we trap ourselves in a cage of our own limitations.
In this second session, you will be introduced to the concept of The Banana Trap – what it is, how we trap ourselves, and how we can go about escaping from it.
At the end of Day 2, you will have developed an understanding of the principles of long-term stress management.
Concepts covered in this session:
- The Banana Trap
- The Process of Letting Go
- The Attitudes of Abundant Living
- Stress Cure Vs Stress Prevention